Monday, December 15, 2008

Feet First Birthday


Since today’s prompt was “feet”. I turned my birthday into a “photo scavenger adventure”! To chronicle my adventures today, I took a picture at all the places we went and included my foot in the picture! How awesome is that? So let’s get started.


The first picture I took was at the first stop after our original bus. We were waiting on Hanover Street so that we could hop something to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Edinburgh.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Then we got off the bus at the gardens and went in and started walking around.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


There was a really neat tree called a Monkey Puzzle tree and I was like “oh neat!” so I went and stood by it. I touched it and it attacked me and I actually cried out. The leaves are so sharp! And so we took this “scared to death” picture as I stood near the tree. They were vicious trees and I was attacked. Haha! It was funny.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Then we entered the glass house and their multiple climates. There isn’t much to tell other than Ray and I had fun making fun of the silly plants and marveling and certain kinds of plants that we saw. I’ll post a slideshow at the end of all the pictures from today that don’t have my feet in them so that you can see the neatness.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


After we walked through the glass house, we walked back to the entrance and then back out to the bus stop. We took the bus to the Hard Rock Café and got some lunch. How naughty of us, because it made us so full, but we were warm and they had a bathroom. Hehe. I got 5 Hard Rock Pins and I got my dad an awesome Hard Rock Polo shirt. Then I took the picture of my foot with the carpet outside the store.


Photobucket


Photobucket


We only had an hour before I had to meet with my advisors, so we walked down to the Christmas Market and I decided to ride the Giant Ferris Wheel. This was a huge task for me, because unstable heights make me very anxious. And it was a tad windy, but I wanted to try to have a somewhat calm ride. It was better than last year because I didn’t cry, but when the wheel stopped at we were at the top I had to close my eyes and breath slowly. I was able to get a shot of my foot up on the seat. That was as high as I felt comfortable putting it. But I did it! WOO!!!


Photobucket


I was triumphant after the wheel, but Ray said I was still a big baby about it. I was like WHATEVER! We walked into the Highland Christmas Market and Ray started looking at hats. I went and sat on a bench and took a picture of the wheel (and my foot). Then I took a picture of Ray and I. AWE!!!


Photobucket



Photobucket


It was after 3:30PM at that point and I decided it was time for me to trek up to The Mound to meet up with my advisors. I snapped a picture of the giant Christmas Tree and then the Christmas Market and Wheel down below where I just was earlier.


Photobucket


I went into Divinity and I laid on the steps, raised my foot and snapped a picture of John Knox and the stained glass windows of the library.


Photobucket


Inside Divinity I had to walk up tons of stairs and go into my advisors office. The meeting was a little mixed up and my one advisor thought we were meeting in Rainy Hall, so our meeting didn’t start until 4:30PM anyways. It was a good constructive meeting. They were really supportive and excited about the new direction. I’m happy about it as well. I know there’s some gaps I need to fill in. But they were really supportive and I was really excited about my writing. We’re going to communicate through Skype while they’re on sabbatical. Then Hannah, my other advisor, gave me a kitten sugar cookie! DELICIOUS! Here’s a picture of it that I took once I arrived at Starbucks.


Photobucket


After the meeting I walked back down The Mound and I passed the Life-Sized Nativity, so I took a picture with my foot. Haha!


Photobucket


I crossed over Princes Street and headed down to the Waterstone’s with the Starbucks to meet Ray and purchase a dictionary and Thesaurus. I walked up to the third floor (fourth floor in the US), running into Ray on the second floor, and we sat down at the Starbucks. We just talked and took some pictures. I got a picture with Gordon Ramsay! WOOHOO!!!


Photobucket


Photobucket


We picked up a French Phrasebook for our trip to France in the Spring. Then we walked all the way into the basement and I got a dictionary and thesaurus. Then we left and went to the bus stop. We spent a bit of time debating over going home or going out for Sushi. A 25 bus rolled up and it determined we were going for Sushi. So we went to Sushiya, which Andrew said we should go to instead of where I wanted to go. So we perched ourselves on the stools and ordered some sushi. I splurged and ordered a soda. It was so nummy! Dinner was delicious. And here’s the picture:


Photobucket


Then we stopped at Victoria Wine to see Katie. We were talking about so many other things that I forgot to thank her in person for the birthday present. I have a thank you card written for them.


Photobucket


Then we got on the 25 again and went home!


Photobucket


I am in for the night and totally tired. I got a birthday card from my mom. My birthday snuck up on a few people so cards are a little slow in the mail. I got lots of Facebook birthday wishes and some e-cards. Ray’s boss and his wife bought me these wonderful skin-shower-products that smell amazing! I love my Hard Rock Café pins. I bought myself from beauty products and I did my hair up real nice and got some new makeup. I looked cute. It was a good day. Started out rocky, but overall it was so much fun!


See the rest of the pictures that don't include feet here:






Photobucket Album





No comments: