Tiny Blessings = Awesomeness
Yesterday morning I was reeling with excitement! So much awesome stuff just landed in my lap and I just couldn’t control my excitement!
Monday, I responded to an e-mail from Kim (one of the professors in my department) and she was looking for people to distribute fliers for Diversions (an experimental film festival being held next week) AND people to do photography at the festival. I’ve done photography at festivals before for our website, so I was more than happy to volunteer. This morning I went to meet with Kim, as well as Eoin and Li (two Master’s Students), to get the posters to distribute around Edinburgh. Then Kim explained to me the photography position. So I’ll be doing photography Thursday evening and all day Friday for the festival. Plus I’ll be a back-up photographer on Saturday and Sunday if needed. On Thursday and Friday I also get to go to the events for free! I am so excited that now I get to add this to my CV AND it turns out I’m getting a little payment on the side. I wasn’t even really anticipating that, but it’s brilliant to get a little somethin’ in my pocket!
When I got home I had a letter from my advisor in my mail regarding my first year review, which takes place on June 10th. In it, she listed all the things I would need for my first year review and I was so shocked!!! It wasn’t at all as hard as I thought it was going to be!
You are asked to submit the following items for the purposes of the review:
1/ a piece of writing, which could become part of the dissertation - 7,000-8,000 words
2/ a descriptive table of contents (a piece that gives an indication of what each chapter may contain)
3/ a thesis bibliography
4/ timetable (breakdown how you are going to organise your time in order to complete each chapter)
OMG brilliant! I can do all that no stress. It is so much simpler than I had devised in my mind!
And finally, as some sort of cherry on top of this sundae of awesomeness, I got an e-mail back from the Edinburgh International Film Festival and I have been granted press access to the festival! So I will be covering the festival in June for the Picture Show Pundits. I am very excited about this and I’m looking forward to seeing how this will work, because it is a little bit different than the Full Frame Documentary Festival in Durham, but a bit smaller than festivals like the Milwaukee International Festival and the Chicago International Festival. EXCITEMENT!
So that’s my awesome day! Three thrilling pieces of information that have made me really, super happy! Now it’s focusing all that positive energy onto Ray’s interviews. ::crossfingers::
No comments:
Post a Comment