Christmas Wishes
I had this huge letter I was working on, but it was so huge it'll probably be a New Year's Letter. That and the fact that I just lost three paragraphs of it, because the program shut down and the autosave didn't save it.
Suffice to say, December has been a wonderful month. Sure, I got sick, but that was only a minor blemish to a wonderful month! Everything from doing all the festive activities Edinburgh has to offer, our trip to the Highlands and the Isle of Skye, and Ray's birthday surprise trip for me to Glasgow to see Peter Pan on stage. Then this wonderful Christmas has been really special for the two of us, even though we wish we could have been with friends and family. We made a small Christmas feast, which will feed us for a few days (since Edinburgh is shut down completely on Christmas Day), and we watched some Christmas specials and shared presents by the light of our small, fake Christmas tree with one string of lights and paper ornaments. I'll describe it all in our letter home.
You are all in our hearts and we'll dedicate our flaming Christmas Pudding to ya'll and hopefully it won't taste too burnt as we remember all the loving friends and family we have. We're a bit nervous about the flaming pudding, so... cross your fingers!
Merry Christmas to all of you and we love you! Look forward to a huge letter soon enough with all the wonderful details about our December. And thanks for the Christmas cards and best wishes. They mean the world to us. Surprisingly we did get most of the cards that were mailed out before December 17th (December 14th was the deadline here for cards). Packages are a different story, but hopefully it'll all work out in the end.
Much love and holiday wishes,
Sarah & Ray
No comments:
Post a Comment