Guy Fawkes Day Family Update
Dear Everyone,
I have decided to take a break (procrastinate) from my paper that I’m writing as part of my dissertation work and is due tomorrow. I am notorious for being a Plan-Ahead-Procrastinator (I have everything planned out ahead of time, but I wait till the last minute to write it all out). But I just wanted to drop a really quick line to let you know Ray and I are still doing well.
It is Guy Fawkes Day here in Edinburgh and the fireworks are crackling like mad outside. Kind of makes me want to watch V for Vendetta! If you don’t remember, he’s that guy who tried to blow up Parliament and assassinate James I. Didn’t see anyone with masks on, though. Ah well.
Ray and I are both sick. I think it started with me and then he got it. I had been healthy all this time, but last week sometime between Wednesday and Thursday I encountered the Scottish Flu-Cold. It wasn’t too terrible, but I was really tired most of the days, which was horrible, because I was hosting late-night Halloween Double-Features for the PG students. Luckily we made it through and also were able to make it to the Vault Vigil where we were able to do ghostly investigations. I’ll write more about that in my longer letter. Sadly, we were so tired, sick, and sore that we didn’t make our trip to Loch Katrine. We also weren’t able to get tickets for the Highlands Weekend Trip, but that was something I won’t rant about (line skippers and non-international students and their friends grrrrr).
We’re in the process of getting Ray’s computer up and running. Spent a 2.5 hour trip out to PC World to get the right cords. We only have to return one cord. The one for his monitor. Apparently it’s 3-prongs instead of 2. But we’re pretty happy. No problem with space. We miss our puppy and our kitties and all our friends and family.
But I’ll have more info later on all the trips and Ray’s trip and our Halloween week and ALL that fun stuff after I write this paper. When I know I have something else I HAVE to write, I sometimes feel bad writing anything BUT that paper, but I’ll send more stuff hopefully sometime this week, because I’ll have at least a few days to recoup before setting back into working on another project I’ll be assigned on Thursday… like… watching movies. Haha!
Love you all so very much and miss you all terrible. And, just to throw it out there, I hear New Years here is awesome and we do have a spare room for anyone interested in coming out for a little while. Or we can help find good accommodations on a reliable bus route for a reasonable price. ;-) Just.. ya’ know… in case anyone is interested.
Lots of Love,
Sarah KB.
No comments:
Post a Comment